Job Title: FRONT OFFICE ALL-ROUNDER
Job Description: Casual Positions Available
Join The BRAND NEW Mercure Canberra Belconnen and WOW every single guest with your professional and approachable attitude.
We are a very new hotel, having recently opened early 2020 and are currently recruiting for a guest service superstar who wishes to bring their hotel reception experience to our team.
You will be the face of the hotel and a part of the first impression, welcoming and farewelling our guests ensuring they enjoy their stay.
As a franchise of Accor Hotels, The Mercure Canberra Belconnen is a brand new and vibrant hotel in the Belconnen CBD featuring 125 rooms. The Mercure Canberra Belconnen is well appointed with fully equipped gymnasium, guest lounge and dedicated car parking for hotel guests.
You will be part of the “guest obsessed” team at The Mercure Canberra Belconnen. We are looking for team members who will really own the opportunity to be a part of the team and grow with it. This role is for people who are going places.
About the role:
In this role as Guest Services Agent you will be required to be available across a flexible roster as you will be the first point of contact for our guests to assist them during their stay. You will provide timely responses to all guest requests, answers their queries and offer creative solutions to their needs whilst delivering the highest level of customer service. This is a role that also offers the opportunity to work with the F & B team in delivering a stylish al a carte breakfast service to hotel guests, so early starts will be required for shifts with the Breakfast Team..
• Commitment to working a rotating roster
• Engage with our guests on check in, check out and during their stay
• Recording information to ensure our guests have a seamless guest journey
• Maximize room sales and conversion of enquires through pro-active sales activity
• Assisting the F & B team with breakfast service
• A true desire to work, grow and develop in the Guest Facing Operations of a 4 Star property
• You must be able to deliver an intelligent, sleek and professional style of service
• Knowledge of OPERA is essential.
• Flexible working hours and availability.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with all hotel departments
• Friendly, outgoing personality and an exceptional standard of personal presentation
• Able to assist across other hotel departments when required, in particular the Breakfast Team providing service between 6:00am-10:00am
How to Apply
If you’re an energetic hospitality professional with a passion for customer service, apply now!
Include a current resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria to Lynda.firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have full working rights to work in Australia. Canberra Labor Club is an equal opportunity provider. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Name of Contact: Lynda Bailey