Looking For: Room Leader
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a qualified and dynamic Room Leader to lead a team of Educators to create a sense of fun in a safe and secure environment.
Quality care and educational practices based upon the Early Learning Years Framework is the foundation of what we do. We select out staff based on knowledge and values, vision for children and learning, and commitment to families.
Benefits of working with WCS include:
• Permanent full time employment (37.5 hours per week)
• Salary range $58,433 to $60,115.56 p.a. (pro rata) depending on qualifications and experience) plus superannuation (9.5%)
• Salary packaging up to $15,899 per Fringe Benefits Tax year, with an additional Meals and Entertainment package available up to $2,650 per Fringe Benefits Tax year
• Paid shutdown leave on standard working days between Christmas and New Year
• Study Leave for permanent employees
• Nationally recognised Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Ongoing professional development and a supportive team environment
About the role
• Provide a supportive and inclusive environment for families, including children with additional needs.
• Lead and mentor educators to achieve excellence and maintain strong professional relationships with one another
• Lead and develop the team to deliver a high-quality cycle of planning, curriculum and outcomes for each child in your room
• Ensure National Quality Framework approach in developing, delivering and evaluating the service’s program.
• Ensure that all documentation, of children’s learning, is visible and accessible to families and contains high-quality information to meet regulatory requirements
• Create a friendly, secure and stimulating interactive learning environment,
• Assist with development and review of policies and procedures.
• Drive continuous quality improvement and development of service area while working collaboratively across service boundaries.
For a full position description of this role please visit our website at wcs.org.au.
Skills and Experience
• Diploma of Children’s Services
• Demonstrated experience in a similar role within Early Childhood
• Practical knowledge of National Quality Standards
• Passionate and committed to high qualify of early childhood and education
• Excellent communication skills and leadership skills
• Current First Aid Certificate including Asthma and Anaphylaxis
• Valid and up to date Working with Vulnerable People registration (WWVP).
How to apply
Please send your resume and 1-2 pages outlining how your skills and experience match the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 9 March 2021.
If you would like further information please email: Nishi.Chatley@wcs.org.au
Note: applications that do not provide the requested documentation may not be considered. To be eligible for employment, you must have working rights in Australia and be willing to undertake background checks required for the position.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.