Oaktree engages with over 180,000 young people and supporters every year. We are able to have this reach as we have state branches across the country, leading on our grassroots actions in every part of our work. These branches are led by a great group of leaders – our State Directors.
The ACT is not only a beautiful part of the country but also has a long and strong Oaktree history. As our grassroots network grows, there is a huge opportunity to tap into the regional hubs in ACT, creating opportunities for young people across the state to be a part of the movement to end poverty. We are currently on the hunt for the next great young person to lead it.
As ACT State Manager, a typical day might look like:
- Sitting down for a 1:1 with a member of your leadership team going through their priorities of the week and working through the challenges they are facing.
- Chatting to the National Campaigns team, providing feedback on how a new national strategy could work in ACT’s context.
- Pitching to a corporate organisation to lock in a financial partnership.
- Interviewing people for a new volunteer role that opened up in your state.
- Presenting a speech to the local school about the role young people play in ending poverty.
- Hop on a telco with the the People and Operations leadership team from across the country talking through strategy for the upcoming semester
- Answering an email from finance about your latest rent invoice.
What you get out of it:
- Collaborate closely with incredible young leaders across Australia, as a part of our valued leadership team
- Have experiences you won’t get anywhere else: from presenting to crowds to deciding on on fundraising strategy
- Work with a range of teams, from Campaigns to Marketing, and gain skills that will forward your career in the future
- The opportunity to lead Oaktree strategy for your entire state, making key decisions and inspiring your team of volunteers
- Make a significant impact in Australia and globally in the movement to end poverty
Name of Contact: Shiu-Li Lai