Permanent full time
37.5 hours per week | $32.87 per hour | $64,315.90 pa
About the role
Woden Community Service has an exciting opportunity for a permanent full time Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) Coordinator at our Curtin Primary School OSHC service.
Woden Community Service (WCS) is a not for profit organisation that has been providing community-based services for over 45 years. Our vision is ‘A vibrant and connected community’, achieved through our values of Hope, Community, Integrity and Responsiveness.
WCS provides a wide range of services covering a cross-section of the community from children, families, young people and seniors, including disability, housing, and mental health services.
If you have the relevant tertiary qualifications in Children’s Services, strong management skills along with the ability to build and maintain robust relationships with children, families, school personnel and colleagues, we would love to hear from you!
• Coordinate the Junior After School Care service
• Support the coordination of two community playgroups
• Supervise and mentor staff
• Provide quality care by ensuring the program outcomes are in line with WCS values and expectations
To be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate the following:
• Early Childhood qualification (Diploma or higher) and experience with the National Quality Standard (NQS) and the learning frameworks – My Time, Our Place (MTOP) and the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF).
• Reliable and punctual.
• Experience in staff supervision and performance support will be highly regarded.
• Understand the importance of personal and professional boundaries, ethical behaviour and following policies and procedures.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, combined with a proactive and hands-on approach.
• A current Working with Vulnerable People registration
• A current Senior First Aid Certificate, Anaphylaxis and Asthma training (HLTAID004).
How to apply
Please send your resume and 1-2 pages detailing how your skills and experience match the Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB, Monday 15 April 2019.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further please contact Nila Chaleune on 6234 6832 or Krysta Cordina on 6234 6831 or email us at email@example.com
Note: applications that do not provide the requested documentation may not be considered. To be eligible for employment, you must have working rights in Australia and be willing to undertake background checks required for the position.
WCS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all abilities and life experiences. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.