The Embassy of Switzerland in Canberra is offering a full time position of gardener (40 hours per week with contract according to Australian law).
- Gradual implementation of a transformative garden concept. Sustainable care for existing and new planting in defined zones.
- Operation and improvement of targeted, reliable and economical irrigation of planted areas of the Embassy premises.
- Daily follow-up of the development of the garden and plant health, reliable care of the existing planting with expert soil care and fertilization, monitoring of irrigation system including use of the cistern.
- Setting of new plants according to garden concept, and corresponding gradual extension of the irrigation system.
- Supervision of and cooperation with external service providers working on Embassy’s premises.
- Cooperation with and representation of the caretaker of the Embassy.
- Passionate, creative, experienced and skilled garden enthusiast.
- High motivation to develop the large garden and to care reliably for the plants concerned, including weed control.
- Proven experience as a gardener or agricultural worker under arid conditions (e.g. Certificate in Parks and Gardens or Certificate in Horticulture).
- Understanding of the technical requirements of an irrigation system with a cistern, the corresponding pumps, pipes and valves. Ambition to control and improve the irrigation.
- Strong work ethics, loyalty and reliability.
- Ability to self-manage task lists and priorities to meet objectives and timeframes.
- Physical fitness.
- Competence in working safely with powered tools.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
Availability: 18 February 2019 or by agreement
Please address your application including motivation letter, CV, photo, copies of all certificates and referees to Ms Gaby Hasler, Head of Administration, by 29 January 2019.