CITSA (Canberra Institute of Technology Student Association) is currently seeking a highly motivated Café supervisor to join our team. The café is located in CIT Reid Campus and it operates Tuesday to Friday every week for lunch service.
This is a casual position of average 15 hours per week. However, more shifts could be picked up in other business areas such as CIT Function Centre and Restaurant. This would be a perfect opportunity for a recent graduate from hospitality studies or someone re-joining the workforce and looking for flexible part-time employment.
The successful candidate will be reporting to and assisting CITSA Events and Restaurant Manager, having an integral role within our Catering Operations.
The successful applicant will have responsibilities in the following key areas:
- Oversee daily operations of Front of House activities of CIT Café, including opening and closing procedures, stock control and ordering, float and till balancing;
- Leadership & Supervision of staff: duty allocation, rosters, training, and performance monitoring;
- Development of working policies and procedures in conjunction with CITSA Events and Restaurant Manager;
- Responsibility for ensuring that the areas maintain the highest standard of presentation and cleanliness;
- Ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Have previous experience in a fast-paced dining environment;
- Have solid leadership skills and a desire to lead and train staff to provide a superior level of Customer Service;
- Have a strong and positive work ethic;
- Have solid communication skills (both verbal & written);
- Be flexible & self-motivated as well as being comfortable working with no direct supervision;
- Have a strong attention to detail;
- Be keen to advance your skills & adopt further responsibilities;
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet;
- Hold current RSA Certificates;
If you think you have the right skills and wish to become part of our team this could be the perfect role for you and lead to bigger and better things in the future.
Please forward an up to date resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.