If you are studying or have tertiary qualifications in Children’s Services, and the ability to build and maintain supportive relationships with children, families and colleagues, we would love to hear from you!
About the organisation
Woden Community Service (WCS) is a not for profit organisation that has been providing community-based services for over 45 years. Our vision is ‘A vibrant and connected community’, achieved through our values of Hope, Community, Integrity and Responsiveness.
WCS provides a wide range of services covering a cross-section of the community from children, families, young people and seniors, including disability, housing, and mental health services.
About the role
As an Out of School Hours 2IC Educator, you will be responsible for providing a supportive and inclusive environment for children and families, including children with additional needs.
Your role will also entail the provision of administration support to the service to ensure that all regulatory and legislative requirements are met, supporting the education and professional development of staff, participating in performance evaluations and ensuring quality program delivery at all times.
Core working hours are 7 am to 9am and 2 pm to 6 pm, Mondays to Fridays.
What we offer
• $23.83 to $28.07 hourly rate depending on qualifications and experience
• Generous leave entitlements
• Access to salary packaging benefits which can increase your take home pay
• Professional development and a supportive team environment
Skills and experience
• Hold or be studying towards an Early Childhood qualification (Diploma or higher).
• Experience with the National Quality Standard (NQS) and the learning frameworks – My Time, Our Place (MTOP) and the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF).
• Reliable and punctual.
• Understand the importance of personal and professional boundaries, ethical behaviour and following policies and procedures.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to work effectively and collaboratively in a team.
• A current Working with Vulnerable People registration.
• A current Senior First Aid Certificate, Anaphylaxis and Asthma training (HLTAID004).
How to apply:
Please send your resume and 1-2 pages detailing how your skills and experience match the required skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like to discuss this vacancy further please email us at email@example.com